BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 18, 2010

We might be on the road soon

I sort of promised Riki I wouldn't post anymore doom and gloom posts for awhile. He says nobody wants to read about that and he's probably right, haha. Things have been crazy with the rv lately. We finally got our tow hitch this week. It is funny how leaving here has hinged on just getting this tow hitch installed and yet now we have a broken awning and can't leave until that is fixed. Riki can't do it himself because it has something to do with the spring assembly and all warnings say things like " could cause serious injury or death" so we figured we best leave that up to the pros.

Let me tell you, if you need rv repairs do not expect to get it done in Florida in the winter because apparently that is what everybody else does who comes down here for the winter too. Lazydays doesn't have any openings for two months. We have called multiple mobile rv repair people with zero calls back. Riki found an rv repair place not too far from here that said he could "walk in" and they would fix it. I don't know if I want to be happy or worried that there is something wrong with the one rv place that isn't completely booked and tells us to just walk on in but it looks like that is our best option at this point. If we weren't so worried about the broken awning that is currently just tied down to the side of the rv we would just drive north and get it repaired. I have a sneaky suspicion that not too many snowbirds are getting their rvs repaired in places like North Florida right now.

This weekend we are looking forward to a trip to the renaissance festival and next week who knows...maybe the next time I write it will be to say that we are hitting the road or have already left. I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

LOL...yes, but the "doom and gloom" is also a part of life. I like blogs that have a good mix of both. Any blog that posts just the happy stuff makes me wonder what their lives are REALLY like... lol

Love your blog! ;)

Little House On The Mesa said...

Thanks Tammy! I agree with you. I really don't care to read blogs where everything is rosy all the time. It makes me feel human to see the struggles others go through. Then again, maybe that is just the melancholic in me, lol!

Mouse said...

Hello from a fellow dreadie knitter & blogger! I agree with Tammy.. 'doom and gloom' is part of life and I think you're definitely painting a realistic (but not morbid) picture of what its like to be a 'mobile family'. This is definitely a lifestyle I'd love to have and I appreciate your honesty as you go through your trials & successes here on the blog. I can't wait to hear more!

Patrick Newberry said...

Hello traveler, I stumbled across your post tonight and just couldn't help but empathize with your plight. By way of introduction my name is Pat Newberry.

I was helping a gentleman named Leo today as a matter of fact (see the pic on our website below) to fix his broken awning roller tube. Sounds a lot like your situation.

We were was able to save Leo several hundred dollars and the entire repair took only two hours. And yes the springs are dangerous. You'll also find a video on our website of how we unwind the springs too. You have to be very careful and I agree with you, it is best to leave this job to a professional but for those who want to tackle the job we did post the step by step guide.


We've been in the rv service repair business for 30 years and we're just around the corner from lazydays (about 1 mile), in Tampa.

We would love to hear your opinion about our new invention of the MX57, which is made for all RV Awnings.

We wish you a fun time over at the renaissance festival.

Thanks for checking us out.

Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Hi, just came across your blog, I love reading all the RV adventures. I work for Customer Service at Lazydays. I just spoke to our scheduling department and they tell me we are taking emergency appointments daily, we can take short list within a couple of days and longer list within a couple of weeks. If you contact me I will be glad to get you some help with your awning. Have a great day!

Ahermitt said...

I would love to interview on for an article on living on the road. If you are interested, please contact ahermitt@gmail.com